Give staff and internal clients exactly the skills they need - when they need them
Working directly with Training and Development professionals, as well as with stakeholders within the organisation allows us to customise each course in 2 ways:
- Customised to your environment. Every environment is different, and since we work in an ongoing way with your organisation, we customise the course style and content to match your environment.
- Customised to the client's requirements. You have the opportunity to have the content and topics of each course customised for the needs of the internal clients the course is designed for. This is included in the price, and provides a more focused set of outcomes.
Try more effective, Multi-Session Programmes
Although we can provide our training programmes as standard one to three day 'block courses', just like all of the other providers, we also offer another option which other providers can't afford to offer, but which can be far more effective for long-term behaviour change...
Multi-Session is more effective. A multi-session programme contains the same basic content as a 'block' course, but is run as a series of half day (3 hour) sessions, which are spaced a few days to a week apart. In-between sessions there is integrated on the job practice, as well as instructor 'mini coaching' support and reinforcement throughout. There are also opt-in, post-programme options for continued reinforcement, as well as one on one coaching for those who want ongoing support in cementing the mindsets and habits learned.
Why? These programmes are more effective than traditional block training sessions because:
- they allow participants to learn and digest the materials in smaller chunks, with reinforcement in the following sessions;
- participants get a chance to apply the new mindsets and habits they have learned in their work environment between sessions, which are then reviewed in the following session;
- continual reinforcement and instructor assistance helps the participant keep their focus on the better mindsets and habits they need to be practicing;
- being split into half day sessions also means participants aren't out of the office for days on end, and
- any more than about 3 hours of learning new topics causes fatigue and overload start to set it for most adult learners, so small 3 hour sessions mean they are fresh and absorbing all of the information presented.
No extra Cost. You can choose either option for the same standard price (a 1 day block course is split into a 2 half day multi-session programme). Most other providers will split courses for you, but don't provide the in-between course reinforcement options, and will charge around 30% to 50% more because they can't schedule other courses on the same day as a half day.
Smaller class sizes means a more individual, practical and real-world focus
We run courses with a maximum of 8 participants, which allows us to work with the specific issues and requirements of the participants on the course. Every course has a quick and easy pre-course questionnaire for participants which allows us to understand each person's unique needs, and tailor the approach, style and examples appropriately.
Permanent improvements: Mindsets > Habits > Tools
In order to ensure real, long term improvements in the habits of participants, we focus on presenting more helpful Mindsets, and assisting students to permanently instil Better Habits based on these, as well as providing best practice Tools they can use in support of these habits.
As with all long-term change, it is important that the participants keep their awareness on both the changes they want, and the current behaviour they are exhibiting. We use a 'lite' version of the Exceptional by Design better habits system to assist with this, as well as the following additional tools: